Cheesy Baked Tomatoes
- 1 lb Venison Loin
- 1/2 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/8 Cup Steak Sauce (I use A-1)
- 1/8 Cup Oil (I use Canola Oil)
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Cajun Seasoning
- In a large bowl mix the apple cider vinegar, water, steak sauce and oil. Set this aside
- In another bowl mix onion powder, garlic powder, basil, oregano, and cajun seasoning.
- Roll Venison Loin in liquid mixture and then rub down with spice mixtures.
- Place Venison Loin in Crock pot, add liquid from liquid mixture and extra spices from dry rub
- Set Crock pot on high for four hours
To make dinner even better I made a compound butter mixture of butter basil and garlic powder and let it rest in the refrigerator. I mixed this in to both our mashed potatoes and mixed veggies.
In the end dinner tasted really good, but my daughter felt there was too much garlic in the potatoes and mixed veggies (something she normally eats a lot of); so if you have young children I would suggest going easy on the garlic powder in the butter compound.
This was dinner…..